Monday, July 13, 2009

Slow Season and Sweden

I don't know if anyone even cares, seems like my last crack at this failed either because:
A.) Nobody even found there way on to here
B.) Nobody cares what I have to say

Regardless, I get sick of waiting for news to break about my beloved Red Wings. Therefore, instead of just trolling around Kuklas Korner (as much fun as I have over there), I figured it was about time to start making my own little rambles back on my own blog instead of just leaving them in the comments section for trolls to find and respond to when they feel like it.

Ok, I'll be happy even if I get trolls to come on over and post. We'll just have to see how it turns out.

As echoed by many of the 19 at Abel to Yzerman..."Is it October yet?"



Already put in notice at work, this guy is heading to Stockholm on September 30th to see the Red Wings take on the St. Louis Blues. My buddy that works for the Wings organ-i-zation tipped me off on how to get tickets through the Swedish ticketmaster. With frequent flier miles being cashed in, my total cost to fly there and back came to about $83, with the cost of the hotel being $300 total for the week (sharing a room with some family members) and the tickets going for about $85 per game, we're looking at about $553 dollars thus far not including expenses such as beverages (hear the Swedish charge an arm and a leg), merchandise, and food. Still I think it's a pretty good deal to catch such a "once in a lifetime" event. Of course, that's what I said New Year's Day when I got to go and watch my Wings beat the crap out of Chicago at Wrigley Field.

That's enough for today. More to come later.

Is it October yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment