Monday, August 10, 2009

Cheap Shot and a Lousy Tipper

It was a slow weekend in hockey news, so I didn't feel so bad about not posting anything amidst my travels from the east coast to west coast of Michigan. Then my buddy tipped me off about this...

From the Chicago Tribune:

"Ever since the Blackhawks made Patrick Kane the No. 1 pick in the NHL draft two summers ago, the baby-faced winger has been the golden boy of the franchise, sparking a resurgence on and off the ice.

But with his arrest early Sunday in his hometown of Buffalo after an altercation with a male cabdriver, allegedly over 20 cents, the high-scoring, quick-with-a-grin Kane has had his public image tarnished."

I guess the headlines could have read "Kane gets in first fight as an NHL-er", but people probably would have known right away that I would be lying. And over 20 cents? I wonder if the little tyke might have had a few non-Zima beverages.

"The other one [Patrick] punched me in the head. He says, 'You don't know who you're [expletive] with! You don't know who you're [expletive] with! And he kept pounding and pounding on me."

Oh wow, real original Pat. The old NFL/NBA/drunken celebrity cry. The witness that called the police probably informed them that they saw some little kid and his dad trying to beat up a cab driver.
This statement was released from the Chicago Blackhawks...
"We are aware of the allegations toward Patrick Kane. He is a big part of our organization and a team leader and we stand behind him. As we are still collecting all the facts, it would be premature to comment further at this time."

Well it would be dangerous to speculate... wouldn't it, Stan? Somehow I don't think this is what the Chicago franchise had in mind when it wanted to get some of the bad press away from management.
Oh well, could be worse...they could have put Pat Kane on the cover of EA NHL 2010 or something.


Whoops!


This just keeps getting better and better.

1 comment: