Monday, November 9, 2009

I am Smart

Prediction confirmed...this morning I said the lines would be as followed (no, I won't link to my post, VooX):

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Leino-Zetterberg-Cleary
Draper-Helm-Eaves
May-Abdelkader-Maltby

Via freep.com...

Ville Leino replaced injured forward Jason Williams on a line with Dan Cleary and Henrik Zetterberg at practice today at Joe Louis Arena.  Wings forward Patrick Eaves made it through practice, though he still has a bruised left foot. He remains on a line with Kris Draper and Darren Helm.

See, we lowly bloggers know what we're talking about occasionally.  And I wrote that when I was still have asleep, downing my morning espresso.  Good to see Eaves is back skating again...let's hope that minor injury doesn't derail his performance of late.

4 comments:

  1. That is what I guessed too !!

    Who is the next call up though when someone else gets injured ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well right now, I'd say it's between Kris Newbury (10 points in 12 games in Grand Rapids) or Jeremy Williams (7 goals in 12 games). Corey Emmerton has been waiting for a couple years for a chance too and is coming off of a 2 goal night. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that. These guys will get there chance, but we want them to earn that roster spot, not have it handed to them due to injury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see what Leino can do on Z's line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to see Leino do something to deserve to be on Z's line!

    ReplyDelete