Friday, November 6, 2009

Kick 'Em When They're Down 11/5 vs Sharks

Remember, remember the 5th of November.
The gunpowder treason and plot.

I meant to throw that in yesterday, but forgot.  Anyway...not much happening on the Sharks blogosphere.  But I did find a preview of yesterday's game at Couch Tarts (interesting name, I know) over on the bloguin network.  Check out their cute artwork...



The post was entitled: "Gameday Sharks vs Dreaded Wings".  Doesn't that look like Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama?  Anyhoo, here's what they had to say:

Another afternoon game.This time at 4:30 Sharks time and OMGTELEVISED. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to Bakes and Rusanowsky. They're some of the best in the biz, hands down. I like to put them on for after game coverage and bring headphones and a small radio to games so I can listen on my way home. There's just something about being able to WATCH a game that seems so much better.



Especially a game against the Wings.

Ok, I know, they aren't the same Wings team that's been dominate since, what, the big bang? But they're still dangerous. Any team is dangerous, and this team has a history of being ridiculously good.

Thanks for the compliments, you Tarts!  Though I don't approve of your use of OMG and the word "biz", it turns out that your apprehension was well founded.

Not the same Wings, eh?  Well it had the same result. Detroit owns San Jose. Period.

4 comments:

  1. Drew, how many times were you thinking Cleary was gonna get #100 last night? Especially in OT. I couldn't stop thinking about what an awesome way that would be for him to get the milestone goal, as an OT winner. But I guess it wasn't meant to be. Any predictions on when he pots that next goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously he's going to net #100 at the next game that I go to...which is next Thursday vs Vancouver. It also happens to be Stevie-Y night at the Joe, more tasty giveaways for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me. I'll be at the game as well. I'm really enjoying this trend of getting free stuff every time I go to a game. Stevie-Y night should be real special though. I'm excited to hear the Joe crowd give it up for the captain again. Hopefully the plaque can compete with the awesome bobblehead from last night...maybe it will even make Stevie look 30 years younger like they did for Budd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes there are no words found in the dictionary to describe how you feel. When that happens the internets have you covered.

    On point of contention: it wasn't so much that SJ got owned last night as they just lost the game. Believe me, I've seen the Wings own San Jose, and last night was nowhere near that level of ugly.
    In fact, a few times I wondered if the Wings had just played to the SO the night before because they seemed to be going the same speed as the Sharks. I found that surprising.

    Thanks for the linkage. We're glad you like the art! And yes, Zoidberg was the inspiration for the Red Wings guy.

    ReplyDelete