Friday, November 20, 2009

Well...They Seem Optomistic


Sorry for the late start, I participated in my second skate this morning at Joe Louis Arena.  Though I heard that Babcock was already in the building, no word yet on if he actually got a chance to see me play.

Anyways, here's a little bit preview from a Florida source that helps paint a better picture of what we're up against tonight...

The Panthers are coming off a lopsided victory in Buffalo, winning for the third time in four games and extending their point streak to four straight contests (3-0-1).


This could be a good thing, considering that Detroit is usually good for curing a slumping team (Toronto), and turning up the intensity for those who are on a roll (San Jose).

Michael Frolik netted a pair of scores as Florida used a four-goal third period to skate away with the recent win in western New York.



Rostislav Olesz and Dominic Moore each posted a goal and one assist for the Panthers. Stephen Weiss and Cory Stillman also tallied while Tomas Vokoun stopped 26 shots for the win.

Someone asked me who the big gun was on Florida, and honestly, I didn't have an answer for him.  I know the names of Stephen Weiss and Nathan Horton...and I think I remember hearing Frolik's name once or twice last year.  Anyway, we all know Vokoun well enough to know that we don't like him.

I'll be looking to rebound after Wednesday's game in attendance tonight with the brother-in-law.  Actually, I don't think I'm counting Wednesday's game because I "intended" to see them win...which means it must have happened....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment