Tuesday, October 13, 2009

#43 is Ready

Good news. The Nightmare is getting close to returning to the lineup, according to the official website:

Tuesday will be four weeks since Darren Helm suffered an AC sprain at training camp in Traverse City, Mich.Then, the original diagnoses called for 2-4 weeks of rest and treatment for the 22-year-old center, who had already nabbed a roster spot with the Red Wings. Helm hopes that the doctors were right in their prognosis and he’s able to suit-up when the Red Wings travel to Buffalo for a game against the Sabres on Tuesday at HSBC Arena.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what Helm had to say:

“It was weird (sitting out). It’s just a different feeling and there wasn’t a whole lot that I could do. I wasn’t feeling a part of the team. But the last week or so I’ve been around more and practiced with the team and the excitement level is getting back to where it was before I got hurt. Emotionally, it was a little bit depressing, but now I’m excited to get going again.”

---------------------------------------------------------------


On my signal, unleash Helm. What say you, Coach Babcock? Are you going to put him in tonight?

“I don’t know the answer to that. I think he’s ready to go and we’re going to have to decide. If Grand Rapids was playing today he would be playing in Grand Rapids today. But because they don’t play until the weekend – it’s always nice to get a few games under your belt – but we would like to get him in, so I’ll think about it and let you guys know at the (morning) skate tomorrow.”

Which is today. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment