Friday, October 16, 2009

I can say, "I was there."

Morning, folks. My head is still pounding from the 3 pints of Molson Triple X that I guzzled down during last night's game. My record on American soil improves to 3-0-0, and I got to see the greatest defeneman of all time score a thousand freakin' points...and Lidas was happy to do it in front of me and those faithful that showed up last night...

"It feels great, especially doing it here at home before fans. It was great to reach that milestone here tonight. I thought we played real well, too, once we got our legs. We did a much better job in our own zone."

That courtesy of freep.com. What you may not have seen (I think I noticed the little red commercial light being on) was a tribute video played on the big screen at JLA to celebrate Lidstrom's acheivment. The place went absolutely nuts and King Lidas saluted the crowd from the bench...what a moment.

It was a wonderful end to a game that started out really, really bad. All's well that ends well I guess. I said it once, and I'll say it again, Molson Triple X should not be legal at public events. I'm going to have some apologizing to do to the Mrs. when I head to Grand Rapids this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment