Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bertuzzi Finally Finds a Home...for now

Found this little interesting piece on Todd Bertuzzi from the Vancouver Sun.  Bertuzzi spent eight years as a Canuck before being ridden out of town on a rail after the 2004 incident with agitator, Steve Moore.  Big Bert has been on 5 teams in 3 seasons since...but finally feels like he might have finally found a home after almost quitting the game of hockey.

"I didn't want to play anymore, for a while. The trade to Florida ... there have been some weird situations. But I'm quite happy here. I love playing with this team. For how much longer, I don't know. I'm having fun this year.  I've got to be -- it's tough to even say it -- a very defensively responsible player now. They need that from me. It's something I've had to work on and they've worked hard with me."--Todd Bertuzzi

Kenny Holland had this to say about big forward:

"He's doing everything he can to play the system and do the things our coaching staff wants.  He had 15 goals and 44 points last year and we hope at the end of the year he'll have similar stats.  [The Moore incident] has been a very, very difficult situation for everybody involved. You certainly feel bad for the Moore family, but you also feel bad for Todd and his family. It's had a big impact on Todd's career. But since we've got him here, he's been positive. I think he's been more comfortable; he's cracking jokes and I think he's happy to be in Detroit."

Bertuzzi heads into GM Place tonight to face many of his old teammates.  Expect the boo birds to come out again.  Hopefully for us, Big Bert starts seeing some of those shots off the post deflect into the back of the net.  Vancouver is coming off of a 3-0 win over the Edmonton Oilers.  It's going to be a late night again, folks.  Coverage begins at 10:00 PM EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment