Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And now you're stuck with me.

Now with Drew on his way to Sweden, you bitches are stuck with me. I'm a bit like the Brent of the Triple Deke, here for a post occasionally, except without the effort or the writing talent. And of course, I have my first law school exam on Friday, so reason would think that hockey would be #2 in my life right now. But fuck that. Seasons starting tomorrow and I'd watch Atlanta play the local Mite house team right now. So law school can wait.

A few little comments to maybe get all of your opinion on:

-Did anyone see anything out of Eaves in the preseason? I only caught him here and there and wasn't that impressed.

-Time Warner finally got a deal in place for Center Ice, now I just need to convince them that they need to put NHL network in my package for the 35 Wings games the network carries.

-It truely seems that the Wings are excited as hell to play in Sweden and I say good for them.

-Howard will be fine in net. He had the best save percentage in the preseason of any Wings goaltender who isn't known for a photoshopped beach ball scoring behind him. The Wings need to figure out how to play in front of him.

-On that note, Conkblock, who I liked, has also been horribly overrated by the media. He's a solid goalie, noting more. Did he really play that well last year, or did Ozzie play that bad. We won't miss him.

-Everyone is picking the Flyers this year. Really? I see them as a Slapshot sort of meathead team. Yes, I know that the Chiefs won the Federal League, but its a fucking movie, that shit doesn't happen in real life. And jesus, Pronger is no Reg Dunlop.

Plus can you see Briere really fitting into this team? I see a bench brawl in their future and Briere crying on the bench, until he sees his lover Sidney in the stands. Briere skates out to center ice and strips off his uniform - with the arena band getting into the act by playing "The Stripper." Suddenly, the teams stop fighting and stare in amazement at Briere, who shouts, I'm gay for you Cindy. And later we'd find Bobby Clarke dead, of a gunshot wound to head, and a note saying he couldn't live another day knowing that he signed a man as flaming as Danny boy.

-Dear Chief, please come back. Signed - Wings fans everywhere.

4 comments:

  1. That's the one question my local TW affiliate couldn't answer and not getting NHL network with Center Ice means I won't be buying Center Ice until they find some way for me to get NHL network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what i saw of Eaves he looked OK. Not always in position but seemed to always be skating and moving all shift long. Giving a really good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. re: Center Ice

    The Hubby makes noises every year about wanting to buy Center Ice for the year. I just give him 'that look'--knowing full well he will do whatever he wants--and ask him 'WHY?' We have Fox Sports Detroit, Versus (gag), AND the CBC on our cable system, so I don't see the need. I think he says things like this just to try and send me over the edge--which isn't too far off.

    I forget other Wing fans aren't as lucky as we are when it comes to being able to see the Wings play. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really see enough of Eaves to get a great idea of what he brings, but I think I'll be watching the fourth line more closely than I have been for the last few years. Watching him and Maltby dueling for spots should be fun.

    I really do think Jimmy earned the backup job coming out of camp and I'm relieved he did. I'll be more releived when I see him post a great 60-minute performance with the big club. Until then, seeing the new-style mask in goal is going ot to send my liver into overdrive not only producing enough bile, but also dealing with all the alcohol with which I'll be attacking it.

    The Flyers will lead the league in penalty minutes. Scott Hartnell will be suspended for using performance enhancing Soul-Glo on his ginger-curl. Mike Commodore will come to his defense in the media.

    ReplyDelete