Friday, September 11, 2009

Lilja: Ready. Holland: Not.

The sportingnews.com posted this a little while ago...

"I have to sit down and talk with doctors still, but my thinking is I'm going to play. If my headaches don't get any worse, as long as I can live with it, it won't bother me. I'm almost 100 percent sure I'm going to play, it's just a matter of time."--Andreas Lilja

Now, "matter of time" could mean lots of things...like say, at the trade deadline, or something. It doesn't necessarily mean Lils is thinking he's going to start the season.

Kenny Holland had this offer:

"There is a big difference between skating and practicing and playing in an NHL game. He's got to get cleared and I assume the doctors are going to want to know that he's symptom-free for a period of time before they clear him."



In other words, don't expect if Lilja starts the season on LTIR whether he wants to be or not. Kenny, the Cap genius, will figure out what to do with him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment