Friday, September 18, 2009

Tatar Signs

Detnews.com is reporting that Tomas Tatar inked a 3 year deal with the Wings today...

"We want him to play in North America. He had an out in his contract in Slovakia if he signs a contract over here. We think we can do a better job of controlling his development over here. Grand Rapids (AHL) or Plymouth (OHL) are the two options. We're going to give him every opportunity to earn a spot in Grand Rapids."--Ken Holland

Who's the last 18 year old who impressed Kenny Boy so much that he went straight to Grand Rapids? Beats the heck out of me.
Tatar's oppinion:
"I'm very happy. It's my dream to play in Detroit."

Diggin' that attitude. What does Coach Babcock have to say?
-
"He has a real nose for the net, a real good hockey IQ, tenacious guy. I think he's gonna have a real good year in junior. I think they'll play him in the American League a little bit but they'll get him to junior. Plus, where he's gonna play junior is two minutes from my house, so I get to watch him."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plymouth is a little more than two minutes from where I live, but I'll be making the trip too. Hey, maybe I'll see Uncle Mike there...that would be sweet. If he ends up in Grand Rapids? I'm out there a lot too. Either way, if he's in North America, I'll be seeing him play.

No comments:

Post a Comment