Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's not the post-season.


Leafs - 5 Red Wings - 4 (SO)

Good News:

-The Wings, when interested, are better than any of the other 29 teams, or hell an all-star team of the rest of the league combined.

-Johan "Motherf'ing" Franzen plays for the Red Wings. I can see Toskala in two years in one of those old Nike commercials:

Unable to stop Johan Franzen, Maple Leafs goaltender Vesa Toskala is forced to become a taxi driver. "Franzen with his fancy Bauer skates. I never knew what he was going to do, go top shelf, bottom shelf, glove side, stick side! Johan Franzen exposed a weak stick hand, with his strong skating and stickhandling, I couldn't stop him. Are you Swedish sir? That's good, because I'm not picking up Swedish people."

God, what great commercials those were.



Bad News:

-Osgood looks worse than regular season Osgood last year.

-Except for about five minutes of each game, the Wings would rather be somewhere else. And it shows.

Other thoughts:

-Why didn't the Wings put a bid towards Jonas Gustavsson? Makes sense to me...watching the highlights, he seems to fit the bill of what he was advertised as.

-It's preseason, so why am I even making any judgments at all? Hell I only watched five minutes of the game, I should shut the f' up.

-Has an alumni team ever beat the current team in college sports? Because I think it is going to happen today. It's game time.

2 comments:

  1. Those goalie commercials were great. The goalie/gardener one was my favorite.

    "The only good Maple Leaf is a dead Maple Leaf.....Die Maple Leaf, die! I'm going to kill you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture of Franzen. And I don't think it is ever possible for an alumni team to beat an current team. At least not with a pretty goalie in net for the alumnis.

    ReplyDelete