Friday, September 11, 2009

Prospect Watch: Dick Axelsson

Redwingscentral.com posted this about the disgruntled Swedish prospect...

"I haven't played so good. I have a little problem with the smaller rink, but I know I can be better and I have to show it."--Dick Axelsson

The 22 year old was scratched out of the fifth place game against Dallas (4-1 victory for the Wings) due to an aggravated knee injury.

"I had a knee problem before but it is worse from when I hit the goal post. I have an MRI (Friday) and then I will know what is happening."

Axelsson should be spending time with the Grand Rapids Griffins this season. He joined the team last season as an amateur tryout, but failed to play because of injuries.

Axelsson had this to add:

"I got to know the players and the town a little bit. It was a good learning experience. I am excited to play hockey there."

Axelsson's work ethic has been questioned since he was kicked off of his Swedish Elite team, Djurgarden. Let's hope that someone can give this talented youngster the kick in the pants he needs to play the North American game.

No comments:

Post a Comment