Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Holmstrom Feeling Better

The talented, wonderful Helene St. James from freep.com reports for us today.

Helene talked to Holmer who was one of the few Wings who skated yesterday evening at City Sports Arena along with Chris Osgood, Dan Cleary, Niklas Kronwall and Valtteri Filppula... oh and Chris Chelios (who is still looking for a team to play for).

"I feel really good. It was a good summer. I was hurt, but I feel good now, my whole body feels good. I've been building up the small muscles around the knee. I've been skating now for a week and a half and feel pretty good. It's been tough for me. I've been hurt two years in a row, missing lots of time during the regular season and then coming into the playoffs -- for sure it's tough, and it wears on you. So hopefully I can be healthy this year and I look forward to a good season."

I'm sure miss St. James was very kind to dear Holmer when writing down his quotes...we all know that English isn't exactly #96's strong point.


Still, I would love to see the reunion of Monty Babcock's Flying Circus and its return to glory. But that only happens with a healthy Holmstrom. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment